How to install Oreo on your Galaxy s8+
This is my how to for installing Android Oreo on your galaxy s8 or s8+. I am forced to do this because Vodafone are months behind the rest of the world and quite often delay software updates. I think they mean well but they are so slow they only annoy people. A lot of you may experience similar delays and this tutorial will help you get the latest software for your device.
This is simple but scary if you have never done this before.
- Extract the firmware file that you have downloaded https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s8-plus/SM-G955F/XEF/download/G955FXXU1CRB7/208538/
- Download Odin v3.13.1 (from the same link), Make sure it’s not an earlier version or it will not work.
- Extract Odin ZIP file
- Open Odin v3.13.1
- Reboot Phone in Download Mode by pressing and hold Bixby + Power + Volume Down buttons
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the firmware files to AP slot, CP file to CP Clot, BL file to BL slot and CSC file to CSC slot
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click the start button and the process will run
Once completed your device will reboot and you will have a galaxy s8+ with Android 8.0 Oreo and Samsung Experience 9.0.